Parenting Seminar - "Parenting on Purpose"
In the last 20 years, there have been over 20,000 parenting books written – so we should all be parenting experts, right?
Unfortunately, that's not the case – not by a long shot. In fact, most children of well-meaning Christian parents will abandon their faith before their mid-20’s, if not earlier, and many of them will never come back.
Is there anything that works?
The Friction-Less Families Parenting Seminar is based on data - a broad, impeccably researched set of data compiled largely by legendary pollster, George Barna. His organization interviewed 10,000 twenty-year olds (who retained a durable and active faith throughout college) and found out what their parents did, what they emphasized and ultimately - what really works.
By combining Barna’s data with our research (compiled over almost 20 years), we distill what has proven important and effective in raising godly children in today’s post-modern and increasingly hostile world.
Our seminar focuses on:
- How intentional parents think about their roles.
- What these intentional parents actually do and what they don't.
- Simple principles that reduce friction more than a person would think.
We begin by focusing on the two key concepts that intentional parents have embraced and then we walk parents through day-to-day applications in discipline, training the heart, household chores, dealing with tantrums, the roles of mother and father, and finally, we discuss how to avoid common pitfalls by implementing simple and effective solutions for typical areas of friction and chaos.
- Convey the power and necessity of intentionality in parenting
- Provide a clear vision of
- what the “finished product” looks like
- how to measure progress
- how exceptional parents think
- and how they embraced their roles as parents
- Help parents anticipate common parenting issues and roadblocks
- Help parents choose their battles wisely
- Show why shame and guilt never produce heart change
- Provide parents with effective systems and strategies they can implement in their homes
Because every church and organization is different, our seminar is designed to be tailored to your specific needs. There are two core seminars ("Parenting on Purpose" / "Dad's the Man") that are foundational to the other material. You can then select up to 4 other seminars to tailor the content for your people.